SAILING THE WHITE WATER YEARS:
NAVIGATING FOR CHANGE
March 1, 2014
8:00 – 3:00
South Hills Middle School
13508 South 4000
West Riverton, UT 84065
Don’t miss Utah’s premier conference for Middle Level Educators. The conference is sure to provide participants with relevant information and resources to energize teaching, learning, and leading. The conference is one of the best sources of professional learning to be found in the state. Get your friends and colleagues and plan to attend.
- Nationally known keynote speaker – Monte Selby
- Over 50 breakout sessions
- Register as a group – for every 5 you get the 6th registration free
- Network with fellow middle level educators who are struggling with the same issues
- Nominate and recognize great teams and individuals who make a difference in the lives of middle level students.
- Recognized by the Association for Middle Level Education (formally National Middle Level Association) as one of the best conferences in the Rocky Mountain Area.
- Learn new ideas and activities you can use on Monday.
Dr. Monte Selby is an educator, author, and speaker whose practical and inspiring presentation leaves audiences applauding across North America and Europe. Known as “education’s songwriter,” he has written hundres of songs with students, educators, and Grammy-winning musicians. Monte’s comical and insightful music–featured on network television, radio, podcasts, and websites, and in books, stage productions, and videos–is cultivated from an award-winning career as a teacher, principal, and professor Music Row Magazine describes his music as “a delightful variety” – “funky” – “astonishing” – “Wow”!
This year UMLA is sponsoring an Artist-in-Residence event for one special school. This school will host Monte Selby for Friday, February 28th as he works with students to bring out the songwriter in each of them. For more details what Monte could do visit www.monteselby.com/ArtWeek2011.pdf
UMLA will be hosting a drawing. For every 12 Early Bird Registrations your school will be entered for a chance to win. Remember the early bird registration deadline is January 31st. The winner of this drawing will be notified by February 4th.
Don’t forget to nominate co-workers, teammates, administrators and friends for awards given by Utah Middle Level Association.