The Utah Middle Level Association is sponsoring small grants of up to $500 to members of UMLA, to facilitate the implementation of effective middle level practices or programs. We hope that you as an individual or team will consider applying for these grants. Printable Copy
- Member of the Utah Middle Level Association
- Anyone working in a school setting with students age 10-14
- Funds must be used to implement two or more of the 16 Characteristics of Successful Middle Schools. These sixteen characteristics can be found on the Association for Middle Level Education website (www.amle.org) or in the publication, “This We Believe: Successful Schools for Young Adolescents, 2003.” Implementation may be done school-wide or within a classroom.
- Write a proposal.
- Projects must be completed and funds spent by the end of the current school year.
- Besides a brief project report, a presentation at the Utah Middle Level Conference will be given.
- A budget report will be due by the next Utah Middle Level Conference.
Scoring on Proposals
Each of the following questions has a point value attached to it and will receive an individual score. The total possible score for the proposal will be 100 points.
- What are the goals of the project? (25 points)
- Which characteristics of successful middle schools will you implement? (25 points)
- How will you evaluate the success of your project? (25 points)
- How will you spend your money? (15 points)
- When and where will your project take place? (10 points)
Deadline for Grant Proposals: postmarked by February 15th prior to the conference in March.
Send proposals to:
P.O. Box 521286
Salt Lake City, UT 84152-1286